Thursday, December 3, 2009

One Beautiful thing, by two beautiful things

So we have the Elf on the Shelf that was provided by "Santa" and at first Nathan was not buying into it at all. We read the book about how this new Elf was going to spend the days in the house looking over the children and then going back to the north pole at night, only to report back to the house in a new place to watch over the kids once again. Anyways, after the first night we found our elf, Buddy, on a candlestick on top of the fridge. Both kids were very excited to get up and look for him.

On the way to school that morning, Isabel told me "Daddy, I got up in the deep of the night and went downstairs and couldn't find Buddy, but then I looked in the closet and found him...."

This morning, Nathan and Isabel came up to tell me that they found Buddy on top of the television and that he had moved his legs and changed his hat. They are so excited. Just when I thought that it might be over for Nathan, it came right back!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great story~I am sure this was exactly what Auntie Beth had in mind....nothing like Christmas through a childs eye....
Thanks for sharing Matt!

A Wheeler said...

Thanks for a peek into your Christmas with my grandkids
felt like I was there-- Love it!
GRANDIE

A Wheeler said...

that is adorable ! that reminds me of lesley telling me of seeing the easter bunny walk thru the brick wall good one matt ,sandy ,sounds like a cosy home for your kids

lizzysapronstrings.com said...

Thank you Matt for sharing! I love the magic of Christmas!