Friday, February 5, 2010

My date yesterday

Okay so I met this man on the internet. He had a picture of himself and three grandkids. It must have been fifteen years old. We talked back and forth on the internet site with my fake name so as to keep safe. He wanted to come to my house I said no, I will meet you at the restaurant. We met and He looked nothing like the picture. I don't think it was him that was on the site. We met at Applebees. I had on a new pair of jeans and a pretty lace blouse. He said "I am very affectionate and when I fall in love" I like to show my affection in public. I said well you're not in love yet and stay over on your side of the table. Whew scary. Two old people making out in a restaurant. I think not. He said Well I see you don't wear makeup. I said I do have on make-up and said well I am used to dating women with bright red lipstick. I said hmm. He said " you know, I am the one who has to look at you from this side of the table and I would like you to put on more blush and red lipstick. I said how about if we trade sides?

6 comments:

A Wheeler said...

Kathy~you crack me up! Great answer! So I am guessing no follow up date??
E.

Grandie said...

you are so funny Kathy!
I'm waiting for the rest of the story------<3
the other Bourinot

Anonymous said...

Classic!!!! God love you, Kathy. Hopefully someone with truly good taste will show up on
another date!! Keep us posted!! Love your stories!!

Jacki

A Wheeler said...

Thank you for the big laugh Kathy!!
You are so funny!!
Love, Beth

A Wheeler said...

Oh, the jeans, he said you know I was raised that when you go out on a date never to wear jeans. I said where did you grow up. He said Cambridge, Ma. He said where did you grow up. HA, HA, HA, I said in a snobby way, Well, I grew up in Weston, Ma.
When I was leaving I hopped quickly in the car behind my wheel and put on my seat belt. He said Now I can't kiss and hug you good-bye. (Fast thinking on my point) WHEW, so glad to get home. no, I don't think I will go out with him again. he wrote on the internet site today he wanted to take me out again, I said I am so sorry, I have to go away for awhile and Lord knows when I will be back. I said I will let you know, it may be months before you hear from me so don't wait. Damned bathroom didn't have a window I could climb out of.

Middle Gamache said...

I love this. What a great story. Sorry that you had to live it, but the return in laughs made it worth it for me.